Login

Videos

The Evil Eye

More
07 Sep 2011 17:10 #11 by steampunksweets
Replied by steampunksweets on topic Re: The Evil Eye
Question: You DID see a normal MD/DO doctor, yes? Some of your symptoms sound like what I had in college--and it wasn't the evil eye, it was an autoimmune disorder. (Which can be exacerbated by stress. And your mother sounds stress-causing. My mother's life would have been MUCH less stressful all these years if she'd been able to cut out HER mother, who was not a nice person. Sadly she's an only child and there wasn't anyone else.) I wound up in the hospital for a week and on some very nasty meds, but it felt much better not to be horrifically sick.

Positive thoughts and cutting out the poisonous person (who may or may not LITERALLY be sucking the energy out of you--I have my thoughts about what in horses we'd call my 'tail-female' family in that regard) can go a long way, but do get checked out for mundane causes, too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tyrstag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2011 18:45 #12 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Teri, I couldn't agree more. My children are way better than me and I think I would fail as a parent if I didn't do everything I could to help that to happen.

My mother would love nothing more than to see me fail, for my husband to leave me a broken down old maid. She said as much herself. And that's where the biggest difference between us lies: I don't want for her failure. I want for her to wake up and see herself for who she truly is. But I doubt it would happen so instead, I just really want her out of my life. Too many guilt trips and trying to make me feel bad because I was blocking my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandmother out. Right. I just went to go visit my grandmother yesterday. Unfortunately she doesn't speak English so I couldn't really discuss this situation with her. But I did talk to my aunt about it. She said my parents were always two weird people that seemed destined to find each other. I think she's definitely onto something there.

More
06 Sep 2011 04:49 #13 by Teri_83
Replied by Teri_83 on topic Re: The Evil Eye
I don't know much about evil eyes or things of that nature. I do know, as a mother, I'm happy that my kids are better than me! My daughter, even at 12, is smarter, more beautiful, more ambitious, more popular, more talented etc. than I ever was at her age. I'm happy for her. I want her to be happy and successful in life. It breaks my heart to see that other parents, especially mothers, don't want to see their children do better. I hope some day she can see past that, if not for your sake then for hers. I bet she'd be a lot happier.

More
06 Sep 2011 02:41 #14 by Tresses Of Nephthys
As far as I know, I'm the only witch my mom knows and I don't think she even knows that about me. I know what you mean though--that type of thing is popular in parts of the world like Mexico, hiring witches to put curses on people. My grandfather that visits me is my dad's dad and the only person in my family who excepted it when I became a vegetarian without question. My grandmother, who I love to pieces, told me that if I didn't eat meat I was going to die, lol. I think he comes to me to tell me that he's watching. There's never really any kind of message but occasionally I do see almost like when film has a double exposure and you see a faint outline of something else. From what I understand, he wasn't the easiest to get along with in life, but I have great respect for what he did and for watching over me.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Sep 2011 02:19 - 06 Sep 2011 02:20 #15 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: The Evil Eye
Is your mother or someone she knows involved with any kind of witch craft that may have something to do with a spirit coming to you?

You did the right thing. BTW, how is your relationship with your grandfather? I know he's deceased but how would you describe your relationship now? That's an off topic question anyway. It sounds as though he comes to look on you. That's pretty cool.

Only good can come from your decision in the long run.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2011 02:20 by Steven Matrix.

More
05 Sep 2011 22:20 #16 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Steven, I think we have a lot in common on this subject. I would say for me its unfortunate but I never wanted a relationship with my parents anyway so in a lot of ways I'm glad its over now. And I honestly didn't believe in the Evil Eye until last weekend.

Last Sunday, the night after the party at my uncle's house, I woke up feeling like there were a pair of eyes on me. There was a heaviness around me, and this is a feeling I usually get when spirits come to me for help. But I knew this was not a cry for help, that this had everything to do with my mother. I knew I would hear from her that week and should expect to. I had this feeling before when one of her brothers died a few years back--that I should expect a call later in the week, so the feeling isn't new.

All this past week I've felt so drained, so unbelievably tired. She finally contacted me on Thursday and I told her that I didn't know why she was saying NOW that she was done with me because I told her 2 months ago. I woke up about 1am that night and sat straight up, eyes fixing directly upon the image of my grandfather. All I could see was his silhouette, which is how I've seen him before when he's come to visit. He is always standing up straight and broad-shouldered, and wearing a suit.

The next morning I woke up to another FB message from her. Lots of ridiculous accusations which have made me know that before I thought she was crazy but now I KNOW she's completely bonkers. Big all-caps rant about how I always have dirty dishes in my sink. Ok, really? If the most you can say about me is that I have dishes in my sink then I must be doing something right.

Anyway, I deleted it before I read the whole thing (all five or six all-caps paragraphs). I deleted her off my FB two months ago. She just started this all up again out of nowhere. After doing a little meditating, smudging, concentrating on a mental image of the Udjet (Eye of Horus, who by the way I have tattooed on me already), and seem to feel much better.

Just a little while ago, I went to go to her profile so I could block her once and for all. To my surprise, her profile is completely gone. She has gotten rid of her Facebook. Hopefully that's the end of the story but who knows!

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Sep 2011 15:25 #17 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: The Evil Eye
Let me first say that I do not believe in the evil eye as it pertains to you. I’ve had the exact same problem, which is now a past problem. I have had no negative results, but rather; life has become so much better. Just because one comes through the parents they have; it doesn’t give the parents any type of ownership over them.

You have more control in this situation than you realize. In my situation with a parent of my own, the relationship was about total control on the part of the parent. It got out of hand because of my former religious beliefs and giving more honour and respect than the person deserved and they expected me to conform to their way of thinking. After stabbing me and my wife in the back on multiple occasions, the line in the sand had been crossed. I still tried to make peace but was always the one who had to put forth the effort; all because I offended this parent years before because I didn’t work around the dishonest ways they did things.

Your facebook problems are easily solved; click the “unfriend” button and have your mother removed. Cut off the avenues of control that your mother has had or tried to have up to this point. Do not try to control anything she does; just remove the control that she tries to place on you.

Another thing you may want to look at is what sign your mother was born under. I had a friend describe the dark side of my parent’s sign and it was a spot on match regarding the negative aspects of their sign. Now, the negative aspects of someone’s sign [i.e. Capricorn, Leo, Scorpio] are a matter of choice. That is how we evolve. We have a choice of saying “yes” or “no” to the dark side of what sign we were born under.

A lot of anxiety is created because we can’t believe someone of our own blood could betray us the way they do. We have to say enough is enough. You are in charge. There’s no further need for you to put yourself through any more needless suffering. Cut off the negative energy that you are experiencing and hope/pray that your mother learns and evolves through the separation.

More
05 Sep 2011 01:46 #18 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: The Evil Eye
Very interesting story. And very thought invoking.

I think that you're right, bad thoughts or negative energy can imprint itself in many ways. In one way it can imprint itself on objects and on houses. But also it can imprint itself on people. Psychiatrists would call it repetitive learned events, but however you look at it it results in the same thing. When you're exposed to something negative for a long time, that energy and that experience stays with you and effects you. It can manifest itself not only psychologically but also physically. Expectations then become reality and so it can become a curse.

That explains the perception, but not the reality. But I do think that the reality and environment can also be effected by this lingering negative energy. Since so many events that we encounter are seemingly random, it does not take much energy to push them in one direction or another.

Very interesting line of thinking, I applaud you for bringing it up.

By the way, glad we finally get to see the REAL you!

More
05 Sep 2011 01:28 #19 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I first heard of the Evil Eye from a Turkish co-worker some years ago who had recently returned from a vacation back home with some jewelry containing the Evil Eye talisman. Of course, we got to chatting about it, but that was pretty much the last I'd heard of this tradition/superstition. Now I'm pretty open to lots of paranormal things, though I do consider myself a skeptic when it comes to charms and talismans (folk magic).

Now, to make a long story somewhat short, for some time I've been battling some inexplicable symptoms. I've had about 60 lbs of weight gain despite the fact that I don't eat terribly and its not like I'm a couch potato. And a few months back, I started having so much lower back pain that there was pretty much nothing I could do comfortably. I had a pinched nerve, which affected my hips and circulation to my feet. Over the years I've seen several doctors who have always told me I was the picture of health. I wondered how long it would be until I became like my mother who has had both hips replaced (she's 54 years old). At 29, I looked at myself in the mirror. For someone who has always been mistaken for much younger, I looked old. I felt OLD. And I didn't know why. I felt like I was turning into my mother.

Then it occurred to me: MY MOTHER.

Once again, long story short, while she's never come out and said she was jealous or envious, I know she is. I am not one to toot my own horn by any means. She's the type that could accuse me of being anorexic even after watching me down a huge dinner or accuse me of doing drugs even though there was no evidence. Not just jealous of me though--jealous of my in-laws and friends, etc. Just little things she would say.

Now, we've never really gotten along. Since I moved out of my parents' house, it's gotten worse. I have tried hard to care and be civil but can't do it anymore. About 2 months ago, my mother took objection to something I said which had absolutely nothing to do with her, then proceeded to send me a huge Facebook message about it. I eventually told her I didn't want to hear from her anymore.

Last week my aunt came in from out of town and my uncle had a party for her at his house. Unfortunately I couldn't make it because of hurricane Irene, but it seems my area got the storm worse than theirs. Of course no one did their research on the matter and decided that I blew them off. Not that anyone has come out and told me that, but when I talked to my aunt today, it was there in the tone of her voice. Especially when I started to detail hurricane damage in my area, she was pretty shocked.

While that party was going on, and the day after, I definitely had this feeling that my mother was thinking about me, and not nice thoughts either. It's my experience that it doesn't matter whether you are psychic, magical, or not, if you think nasty enough thoughts about someone over a period of a time, that is a curse. And essentially the thought behind the concept of the Evil Eye. Yesterday, out of pretty much no where, my mother messaged me again on Facebook, and picked up her psychotic rant right where she left off. Can't say I was shocked to hear from her. I knew she was thinking about me. The signs were there. Anxiety, weight gain (in the matter of a week I gained 4 pounds even though I'm at the gym 3 times a week), being uncontrollably tired everyday and needing a nap.

I've done some research. Going to try some spellwork (I am a pagan so this is nothing new for me), concentrated today on the image of the udjet (eye of horus) and did some research into some talismans and gemstones. I'm going to try an old Italian tradition of putting an open pair of scissors under my mattress to ward off the Evil Eye.

Other than that, I'd like your advice. Have you dealt with this before? Do you come from a culture that believes in this? Any input would help, THANKS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross, LeslieAValentin

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds

Features