Login

Videos

Belief systems

More
30 May 2011 16:32 #1 by hometwnbrat
Replied by hometwnbrat on topic Re: Belief systems
what is a nature based religion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2011 16:21 #2 by hometwnbrat
yeah actually that is soo true daemons have been spoke about way to often and probably have been the reason for a lot of things when it goes wrong! its not always daemons!! they have been so hyped up they should be celebrities rofl its almost like propaganda of how often they are the reasons for something bad happening when there are soo many other reasons and things in the spiritual world! I would love to partake in trying to find sprirts to understand spirits better but since i am not religious, I don't know if it would be a good idea since i wouldn't have protection!!

More
30 May 2011 01:19 #3 by Debi B
Replied by Debi B on topic Re: Belief systems
I agree with you on so many levels. As someone who practices a nature-based religion, I don't believe in demons per se. To me, there are no intrinsically good or evil spirits or people. There are simply entities (earthly or otherwise). It's the path they choose, the actions they take that define their nature as "good" or "bad".

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 May 2011 21:21 #4 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Belief systems
Yes, I knew what you meant. I understand why your friend doesn't believe in demons though. There's been too much hype about them for centuries in my humble opinion. I do not believe that everything evil is caused by what has been called demons for the last several centuries.

I also think you have a jump on a lot of people when you say you believe in the spirit world but not the religious side of it. You don't need religion to understand the spirit world. If one needs the other, it would be the other way around.

More
29 May 2011 20:26 #5 by hometwnbrat
i think you might be confused she believes in spirits! she can talk,hear, and see them as if they were a normal person but she doesnt believe in demons which I think is weird but i guess its kinda like me believing in the spiritual world but not the religion side of it!! in a way i guess its sorta the same thing!

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 May 2011 15:19 - 29 May 2011 15:25 #6 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Belief systems
I was in the church for twenty years [wife for thirty] before deciding not to listen any longer to those that claimed to be all knowing on the platform. When it comes to what many would refer to as demons; most of us, including the church, don't know about the subject for the most part. At the same time, I can't say that all spirits who aren't good could be called demons. They could be disembodied spirits. When someone dies, they don't change when moving into the other dimension; so that could be a reasonable explanation; one which I could ask our intuitive friend who has dealt with such things.

What I do believe is that you have these entities or spirits that are allowed to function, much for our benefit. You might ask, "How could something like that function for our benefit?" I'm glad you asked. Without the opportunity to choose from right and wrong, good and evil, truth or lie, give or steal; where would we be with free will and the opportunity to become better human beings that can help humanity?

Free will and the ability to choose right from wrong is how we evolve so to speak. I can also tell you that when you make the wrong decisions, there is no eternal place of fire and brimstone waiting on you as punishment. That concept was created to control the masses through fear. Taking the time to research that will prove those who came up with the concept to be liars. I just wanted to throw that in for some of you who may be dealing with family members who try use that to get you to go to their way of thinking. While they do it out of sincerity and concern, it can cause more harm than good.

Every one of us has a unique and separate journey from everyone else and our belief systems may be different; but in reality, we are all on the same path to becoming better human beings.
Last edit: 29 May 2011 15:25 by Steve.

More
29 May 2011 15:13 #7 by Erika
Replied by Erika on topic Re: Belief systems
I have researched allot of religions in my years and have always found that there is an opposite for everything.Good/evil, black/white, ying/yang. All over the world it has been proven and yes it could be that the fear of knowing that there is something out there that can be so evil can be scary. The quote " ignorance is bliss has strong meaning but can prove to be fatal. She really should do some research on evil, entities ect so she can protect herself from them. We only fear things we don't understand!

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 May 2011 15:05 #8 by sleepy1md
Replied by sleepy1md on topic Re: Belief systems
I couldn't have said it better then cc.

I do agree with you...there is no good without evil, light without dark, ham without cheese for that matter lol. The world definitely has a balance that must be maintained no matter what you believe. I would advise you to suggest to your friend to do some research. Not to prove or disprove but for informational purposes.

More
29 May 2011 14:59 #9 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: Belief systems
You really can't chnge someones beliefs. But it is hard to try and understand someone when you believe.

There are definately demons in this world. Angels and good spirits aren't going to just come fight them off for you. This is a belief system in a higher power where you draw the help in the fight.

But i don't think she will ever change her views. Alot of people feel if they don't believe they don't exist. I too think this is out of fear that there is something bad out there.

More
29 May 2011 14:53 #10 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Belief systems
I'm not sure what your friend's belief system is. Nor would I ever try to change it, belief is a personal thing and I think no person should have another's belief pushed on them or persecuted for their own beliefs.

That having been said, many religions in the world have a distinction between good and evil. But not all do. There are quite a few which simply believe that we are all just part of one large community, living and dead. As I've maintained many times, this site is based within diversity and the primary thing that binds us all together here is the belief that there is something more than what we see. Some label it paranormal, some label it spirits, others label it daemons, and then others call it dimensional entities.

I would suggest that you tell her to delve into the religious references which she subscribes to, and see what the context there says. I'm sure there are other references besides just good and bad. And I'm certain there is most likely also some rules or guidelines they must abide by.

And finally, not all things in life fit within your belief system in a simple manner. If something is experienced which can not be explained, perhaps its time to look outside of your (or their) comfort zone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: believer

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds

Features