Login

Videos

× This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

contacting a lost loved one

More
01 May 2011 20:30 #1 by matthewg329
the whole reason i asked for a safe way to contact my grandad is because i messed about with a Ouija board a very long time ago when i was a kid i lost three good friends because of it i am the only one that survived in the end so i made a promise to myself never to touch a Ouija board again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2011 16:49 - 29 Apr 2011 16:57 #2 by spiritcaat

matthewg329 wrote: because since i lost my grandad who was very close to me i lived with him for 10 years 5 of them i was his carer i keep dreaming of him and hearing my name called out when i'm the only one there it's been 7 years now plus i need to know if he forgives me for going back on a deal we made if one was dying the other would turn the gas on so we went together

Okay. Getting some more clarity now. It sounds as though there are a lot of things going on besides wanting to contact him, as others have said, such as guilt and confusion.

One of the things about contacting the other side is that you want to do it out of love, not guilt. I understand you loved your grandfather, but it's important to understand that just as he had things he needed to work out in this life, he has things he needs to learn and work out on the other side.

There's a balance that needs to go on. We who believe in the metaphysical and paranormal sometimes tend to forget that we are still physical, emotional, psychological beings. And guilt sometimes needs to be worked out in this life, rather than through metaphysical means, because that may be part of our life lesson.

As much as you loved your grandfather and he loved you, he may have had some difficult things going on to ask you to do this. I hope I can be blunt but parental figures do not normally want or expect their children to follow them to the other side. Perhaps one of your life lessons is to work out the difficulties he may have left you with because of that, and because of other possible difficulties you may have experienced.

Is there a counseling center nearby where you might go to talk to someone about your guilt and your grief? Sometimes that really helps. Then, once you are feeling more confident in yourself, any connection you have with your grandfather will be an easier connection to make because it won't be clouded by the guilt and grief.

Best,
Caat
Last edit: 29 Apr 2011 16:57 by spiritcaat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross, intuitivegal27

• sleepy1md
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Apr 2011 16:29 #3 by sleepy1md
Replied by sleepy1md on topic Re: contacting a lost loved one
agrees with undertaker1.

More
29 Apr 2011 16:19 #4 by spiritcaat

matthewg329 wrote: does anyone know of a safe way of contacting a dead relative

Hi, I'm new here.

Your best bet is to contact a reputable psychic/medium. Ouiji boards are laborious and really should only be used by people who understand them and how to protect themselves. They are fabulous tools, and not the evil things most people make them out to be, but it's not what someone would generally use to contact family members.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, and somebody may have mentioned this already, but you can ask your loved one in spirit to come to you in a dream or to give you a sign. I think my dad made a visit a few weeks ago because the TV just went on by itself! I'm not that kind of psychic/medium, iow, I'm not a 'physical medium' where I see physical forms and make things move, I'm a mental medium who contacts loved ones for people, but this just came out of the blue and it was really cool!

It's amazing the signs they can give if we are aware enough to recognize them ... smells, songs on the radio, etc. But again, if you want quick, direct contact, contact a medium.

Best,
Caat

More
28 Apr 2011 17:10 #5 by matthewg329
it changes from dream to dream all except for one thing whenever he appears he always talks to the other people in my dream but never me but the strangest thing is i never see his head just his body but i hear his voice when he talks to the others in my dream

More
28 Apr 2011 00:51 #6 by crystalcross
Dear Matthew,

Let me first say welcome aboard. One of the beauties of a community such is this is that there is the diversity of the members within it. I do respect your views, but I also would caution anyone from dealing with any form of evil or negative entities. I'm glad that you feel protected, but would still strongly urge extreme caution.

What worries me more is this pact you made. No disrespect to you or your grandfather, but that kind of pact is destructive and not something most people would make who are not already being affected by something negative. I'm by far no professional in any medial or psychological field but I am someone who does understand. Along with paranormal reasons that such a pack may have been created (some negative entity wanting to bring you or your grandfather down) there could also be some other underlying factors such as depression or other which could have brought you two to that point. But the point is that such a pact was made under some form of emotional or paranormal distress. And I'm really glad that you had the foresight, strength of will, and presence of mind to not go through with it.

Having said that , I think that after he passed he likely was more concerned with you living on, and less with you being with him. If you are getting signs that you should feel guilt, then I would suggest that there is perhaps something negative trying to drain your energy. If you're simply dealing with guilt issues or still grief from the loss, I would suggest talking to someone beyond the scope of what we can help with. You sound like a great person, but you must first bring your own spirit into a positive place before you can safely do any form of paranormal investigation. There's too many things out there which will feed your negative emotions and try to pull you down. Do not let them. Never feel guilty for being a survivor, but rather celebrate it and look for ways to make your life a positive thing and to pass that along by helping others.

Sorry for chiming in, but its a serious subject matter and one I do not take lightly.

More
27 Apr 2011 18:02 #7 by sixsense
How did you granddad look in your dreams? Did he look peaceful, angry, confused? This is important to know. He may be calling out to you to say everything is OK. Let me know more about the dream..:)

More
27 Apr 2011 13:47 #8 by undertaker1
I know you think you can deal with the devil alone but i also know that no matter if you feel you can or not he will win. But God allows things to happen to those who need to learn and trust in Him. He is truely the only one who can defeat the devil. If you don't trust in Him and you are holding a grudge because of your unfortunes then you are already losing. He will not protect those who turn their backs on Him. I did the same after losing my grandfather but i seen the light and i am for sure without a dought evil and the devil will win without Him. You will go through and live the most horrible life imaginable. If you choose to hate and hold a grudge then you will have this as your life. If you feel your grandfather may be trying to reach you then listen he may be tellimg you the same thing.

More
27 Apr 2011 13:37 #9 by matthewg329
i'm not worried about the devil iv'e come face to face with him along time ago i'm still here my friends ain't but i am i know how to handle myself when it comes to facing evil yes i do believe in god as well iv'e been told because of the paranormal things iv'e faced and still here that i have a guardian but what guardian lets something scratch you and leave it's initials burnt in to your skin like i said i ain't worried about the devil i just need toknow my grandad forgives me

More
27 Apr 2011 13:24 #10 by undertaker1
Well if it is him than maybe he has a message for you. But i also know no matter what it is the choice you made was best. I don't know your grandfather and lost mine and also was very close, but God chooses your time of death not anyone else. So for not doing what you agreed was probably best for both of you because you may not be with him like you think. I don't know your beliefs of heaven or hell but if you feel guilty for not going through with the deal i suggest very soon finding a way to let it go. The devil wants you to feel bad and wants the guilt he will run your life so if you choose to hold on to this you are giving him power over you. This is not a good thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matthewg329

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds

Features