Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Poltergeists And Demonic Manifestations.

More
02 Oct 2011 21:03 #1 by LeslieAValentin
Demonic manifestations and poltergeists are two totally different things.

A demonic manifestation or possession is thought to be that of odd or changing behavior that is usually not for the good with a person. The Bible speaks of many demonic manifestations as well as possessions also. But for current times, these types of behaviors can also be that of a form of mental illness and not a demonic influence. It is difficult I believe in years past as well as now in the present to determine what could truly be considered a demonic manifestation and someone who is out of control and on a harmful path towards others.

Poltergeists are usually spirits that makes its presence known by creating chaos - noises, banging cabinet doors, moving objects, etc. Some believe that poltergeists are spirits of children but they can actually be that of any "age". Poltergeists can become harmful when the attention turns to a human of any age as well as animals by way of attacks which can include scratches, yanking hair, etc.

Hope this helps to clarify the difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2011 20:30 #2 by crystalcross
Tresses,

By the way, thanks again. Your one little post about looking up the subject really triggered me to think of better ways to relate things. Because of your mentioning that, I've now added a new feature to the bottom of each forum topic which lists possibly related forum topics. Its not perfect but tries to do a best guess at possibly related topics. It will likely require some considerable tuning but its a start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tresses Of Nephthys

More
02 Oct 2011 20:27 #3 by crystalcross

nonakre wrote: ....not trying to offend here as I am a newbie and am thoroughly enjoying all of the forums and dialogue, that's just our groups basis....

Nonakre,

Please remember that this is an open forum for the purpose of sharing information. So you will never offend by expressing your beliefs. If anything you'll just open up eyes to possible diversities in people's view or beliefs. You keep right on expressing. I love to hear different opinions.

More
02 Oct 2011 19:45 #4 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
Yes I now See What You Mean I am new To This. I Never Noticed Thank You,

More
02 Oct 2011 19:06 #5 by nonakre
Uh oh! I'm probably really going to poke the stick in the hornets nest, but my group believes that the term demonic or elemental is reserved for those spirit entities that are dark yes, but have never been human....not trying to offend here as I am a newbie and am thoroughly enjoying all of the forums and dialogue, that's just our groups basis....ghosts or spirits who pass over are indeed sharing the spirit realm with the demonic or elementals but they were once human..these ghosts/spirits can be dark as well -especially if they were cruel or dark in human form but the demonic/elementals are fallen beings that were created, not living as humans....just what we believe...and yes until you are an experienced investigator or you are a sensitive of some sort discerning the difference can be tricky on the outset so tread carefully...as for poltergeists ...our group believes 99% of that type of activity is explainable in a scientific way (kinetic hormonal energy, wiring, static, on and on) that is not to say that those energies whether demonic or ghost can't do antagonizing aggravating things - they can! But we don't feel the need to further label these energies with yet another label of "poltergeist" they are just spiritual "jerks" so to speak craving a different kind of attention...

More
02 Oct 2011 16:14 #6 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Well well, I did NOT know there was a search feature. What welcome news. With lots of new people and new topics being posted all the time, if I'm away for a day or so then I will thumb through the topics and make sure I'm not posting something that was already brought up recently.

More
02 Oct 2011 15:26 #7 by crystalcross

TressesOfNephthys wrote: We were discussing this in another thread but now I can't remember which one though.

What an excellent lead-in to bringing up the excellent search feature. I've had to use it myself a few times now. As the depth of information on the site in the forums continues to grow, the ability to search becomes ever more important. The "SEARCH" button on the top of the forums is a very handy tool. Thanks for giving me a lead-in to highlighting it. :silly:

More
02 Oct 2011 15:22 #8 by crystalcross

Ocean County Paranormal Research wrote: I am sorry... i am not trying to be malicious.
i am just asking Is this not what this is for?

You're 1000% correct that's exactly what the forums are for.

The only thing I can see even slightly off on it, is perhaps it should have been under Paranormal Theories, or something other than "Welcome". :lol:

But looks perfectly good to me. As for the question itself, not sure I have any valid input to it.
Except perhaps to say that many conditions can have the same symptoms, but it does not make them the same condition.

More
02 Oct 2011 15:18 #9 by crystalcross

Ocean County Paranormal Research wrote: one could mistake one for the other at the beginning, yes or no.

Just a quick note, you may want to add this to your initial post in the form of a POLL. (The thing that looks like a bar graph)

More
02 Oct 2011 02:53 #10 by islandflower66
so true! I really feel that each situation is different and should be handled as such. Research and documentation of everything happening should be detailed. It should not be a guessing game but rather handled with care. Too much room for error in this field and I think that attributes to people's skepticism of the paranormal experiences. I'm all for lots and lots of research to make sure one knows for sure what they are dealing with.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds

Features