Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Residual EVPs and Hauntings

More
21 Sep 2011 20:15 #1 by Keith
Good point Wes_Forsythe, when the unknown comes into play we are all trying to find answers as to why, what, where, and when things occur that we just can't explain away. I have found that to some just thinking about the Paranormal is too much. When it happens to them that is when they will begin to see there is so much more that we need to investigate.

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2011 19:23 #2 by Wes_Forsythe
The definitions posted thus far are pretty good. However, keep in mind that not everyone accepts the concept of residual hauntings. There are a few of us out here that suspect that all hauntings are "intelligent" and those replays of time are actually manifestations tied to an intelligent haunting.

More
21 Sep 2011 17:54 #3 by Keith
osty,

Sorry if this repeats still new here and didn't see my reply come up so I'll try again.lol

I am finding you are right about not being alone out here. Find the last post I made and give it a read. It's about the house and room in my childhood. I have not talked with anyone who has had this happen other than those who also had stayed the night alone in that room. I continue to search for others.

Keith

More
21 Sep 2011 17:38 #4 by osty
Keith your experiences sound very familiar to mine. I think we are all here in search for those answers and hopefully as we keep sharing findings and information, we can all become better and create a great resource of information to help us all in our searches.

More
21 Sep 2011 17:35 #5 by Keith
I left a post earlier about an occurrence in my child hood of a physical phenomenon that occurred in a certain room in the home where I grew up and later had confirmation it happened to others as well though we never had talked about it for over 30 years.

It all seems oddly surreal as these questions has been in my thoughts for a very long time, yet never knowing why or when these things would occur or how they occurred only adds to the questions.

Still looking for answers that I hope someday will explain all this. Been ghost hunting a few times now and have begun to find that I am not alone anymore with all these questions.

Thanks for the help.

Keith

More
21 Sep 2011 16:55 #6 by zydecopolka
To add to osty's reply, an EVP is an Electronic Voice Phenomenon. In other words, sounds or voices caught on tape that weren't audible when the recording was made. An EVP *might* be residual if the sounds or responses make no sense when compared with questions being asked. EVPs can also be intelligent, direct responses to questions or actions.

Hope this helps :)

More
21 Sep 2011 14:48 #7 by osty
Well a Residual Haunting would be one where the same action repeats over and over like a video recording and the same would be with a residual EVP the same sentence or word repeating. The straight out cause is believed to be caused by an emotional imprint that gets "recorded" in the atmosphere and it is believed that certain materials are better able to either create these recordings or to allow these recording to be replayed.

More
21 Sep 2011 14:19 #8 by Keith
What is the definition of a residual hauntings or EVPs. Where do they come from and how do they continue to replay over time?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Keith

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Features