Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Paranormal Challenge

More
04 Jul 2011 07:59 #1 by DementedWarlok
Dang the link failed but look for their name on twitter and check the profile pic out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2011 07:57 #2 by DementedWarlok
Speaking of the female team have you looked at their twitter profile pic. x.com are they ghost hunters or not. By the picture they are after something other than the paranormal. I think that pic is why zak put them on paranormal challenge.

More
04 Jul 2011 04:38 #3 by frednorf
Replied by frednorf on topic Re: Paranormal Challenge
I like the concept of the show, the all girl team won just by getting that great evp and you picked the wrong group on the next challange, get your judges straightened out and give the winner a prize or whats the point, playing for bragging rights, thats a code word for we don't have any respect to give you money, Bragging rights-HA-HA.

More
03 Jul 2011 18:25 #4 by DementedWarlok
It also brings a competitive edge to the paranormal. you won paranormal challenge. now you can say you are better than others because you won. what happened to the real reason we decided to do this. the proof, if anything it should have been paranormal skeptics challenge. where you take unbelievers and throw them in there to spend the night in a haunted place. I just think the competition part is going to bring trash talk to other groups. but also it is going to be the downfall of the group that kept in touch with its friends and followers. I wouldnt mind being on the show but i really dont want to be rushed. I like spending more than 8hours in a haunted location.

I know i am not on here as much as I used to be. After my trip to Waverly we have been in the local scene working with the best local group that was active the Indiana Ghost Trackers. I really like them alot and have had some great experiences with them.

In all i am not gonna bad mouth paranormal challenge. these are my opinion on what i think of it. I dont like to bad mouth other groups. like you said crystalcross, everyone has there own way of doing what they do. I like to spend alot of time in a place, at least more than 4 hours. All activity is not always happening. At Waverly between 3 am and about 5am we didnt hear anything.

More
03 Jul 2011 17:54 #5 by crystalcross
DW, so glad you chimed in. And I would have to agree with you. It has somewhat turned Paranormal investigation into a game show. Would love to see your group on TV though, I think you would do well.

I had a great conversation with someone the other night on our twitter feed about this. How can you judge two (or more) paranormal groups and have them compete in a single night. For one the techniques for groups vary so widely. And who is to say what one does is any more valid or invalid than what another group does. Or are we simply comparing how they do compared to some established paranormal team on TV?

Some groups rely 100% on scientific evidence. Some groups utilize sensitives to find hot spots. Some groups utilize provocation. There are so many different ways to go about an investigation, I think its really impossible to compare. Is it a good idea, sure it is! Everyone always wants to validate themselves against others, that is a primary quality of our human nature. But is it logistically feasible, not really. Does it get ratings, SURE DOES!

More
03 Jul 2011 17:28 #6 by DementedWarlok
now the paranormal has turned into a game show. good idea but i thought it was going to be better. not trying to rush to get evidence. I wish i never signed up my group. I watched the first episode then i just lost interest.

More
03 Jul 2011 12:44 #7 by undertaker1
Awsome can't wait to see you in the episode very cool. The show is good gives tems a chance to showcase their knowledge and talents enjoy watching.

More
02 Jul 2011 20:21 #8 by crystalcross
Why don't you add these to the Calendar when special shows come up that you want everyone to watch.

I've added category for "Paranormal TV Shows"

More
02 Jul 2011 16:19 #9 by jimbobbyrdman
I love the show.I have seen everyone so far I have it dvrd so I will not miss it.

More
01 Jul 2011 22:31 #10 by ParanormalEXP.com
As of now, it's late August. But, they'll let us know if that changes. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teri_83

Time to create page: 4.878 seconds

Features