Login

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

ghost radar app

More
05 Jun 2011 23:52 #11 by bebenurse
Replied by bebenurse on topic Re: ghost radar app
Thank you for the information! Yes I use this in airplane mode and with everything else turned off like you stated. I was so surprised at the accuracy in the answers to our questions!! A big shocker was in when I.asked what I was looking at on our bed and it said "vest" "kelvar" which is the name of my husbands bullet prrof vest he wears as he is a cop! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2011 23:43 #12 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: ghost radar app
Bebe,

I have to say that I downloaded the Ghost Radar application. And actually several other applications as well. Being a tech guy I started to question how it worked and if the phones it was running on really had the sensitivity needed. Here's the result.

First off, the usefulness or the Ghost Radar and like applications is greatly diminished when you have your phones radio turned on. So unless you have the phone turned to "Airplane" mode, you will likely be getting tons of false triggers of EMF from the antenna itself. Same is true with WiFi or Bluetooth radios on the phone. If there are ANY forms of EMF then the entire premise of the Ghost Radar is rendered null and void.

Having said that, if you turn all those off then its fairly good. Many newer phones have a built in 3 axis hall effect sensor which detects magnetic energy. They however mostly detect magnetic lines, but not so much electromagnetic fluctuations. Also there is not static sensor. The 3 axis accelerometer can however be used for vibration sensing. All in all, its good for basics, but I would still get additional sensing gear. But a phone can go a long way towards investigations if other gear is not present. Can even be used as an EVP recorder.

I'm cheap, and I'm always a proponent of using what you have.

More
05 Jun 2011 23:30 #13 by bebenurse
ghost radar app was created by bebenurse
Hi all! What's your thoughts on the ghost radar apps? So far its been spot on for us!

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds

Features