Login

Shadow Figure #1

More
12 Aug 2012 19:12 #1 by Knight3965
Replied by Knight3965 on topic Re: Shadow Figure #1
I took this pic last year but upon review today i noticed what looks like a head on the wall to the left in the hall looking down onto the figure on the right of the hallway

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2012 18:56 #2 by Knight3965
Replied by Knight3965 on topic Shadow Figure #1
never noticed til now looks like a larger head in the upper left looking down on the figure to the right. i took this piture but never noticed that until reviewing it today.

More
15 Dec 2011 17:00 - 15 Dec 2011 17:02 #3 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Shadow Figure #1
to me it looks like a refection from the flowers off the mirror or glass hanging to the far left on the photo
Last edit: 15 Dec 2011 17:02 by Peek-A-Boo.

More
15 Dec 2011 15:57 #4 by BHPI Josh
Replied by BHPI Josh on topic Re: Shadow Figure #1
It is an interesting picture, not 100% sure what to make of it. Very intriguing!

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Dec 2011 13:37 #5 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Shadow Figure #1

Knight3965 wrote: Just took it in a hurry it was only there for a few seconds seen it many times but this was the first time it stayed long enough to get a picture

Nice catch on the fly. Maybe you can ask it if you can take its picture if it wouldn't mind being in it.

More
15 Dec 2011 03:37 #6 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Shadow Figure #1
Thanks for sharing that image(s), and chiming in.

More
15 Dec 2011 03:35 #7 by Knight3965
Replied by Knight3965 on topic Re: Shadow Figure #1
Just took it in a hurry it was only there for a few seconds seen it many times but this was the first time it stayed long enough to get a picture
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

More
15 Dec 2011 03:33 #8 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Shadow Figure #1

Steven Matrix wrote: then there are ways of manually manipulating the camera so that there would be minimal noise, thereby rendering a clearer photo which will make the pic even more dramatic.

You're correct. I think (and I'll let knight respond more if he wishes to) in this instance that really wasn't possible. From what I understand this shadow figure had been seen on several occasions. But in this instance there was an iPhone present and it was visible just long enough to take 1-2 photos before it disappeared.

This is an instance in which he used what was available at the time, just in order to get some evidence of what was going on. This is an example of a picture which was taken of a visible event, simply in order to document it. In opposition of many of the images which are taken at random, and finding anomalies in the image after the fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight3965

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Dec 2011 03:28 #9 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Shadow Figure #1

crystalcross wrote: I have to admit, when I first saw this image I though it was just another photograph of a dark area. But I have to admit, that the more that I dig into this photo, the more I start to think this is the real deal. Its rare to catch a shadow on film in a manner that makes it believable, but it this image has many of those aspects.

Hey Rob, this is a great example of a photo with good content. Unfortunately, there is a lot of noise in the photo. If Knight was taking this photo because he felt there was something there, then there are ways of manually manipulating the camera so that there would be minimal noise, thereby rendering a clearer photo which will make the pic even more dramatic.

More
15 Dec 2011 03:26 #10 by mot247
Replied by mot247 on topic Re: Shadow Figure #1
This is a very compelling photo. What's the story behind it? It's very intriguing to see that the figure is half solid and half transparent. This is an image I could study for a long time, it is very interesting! So glad you shared this, thanks crystalcross!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knight3965

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds

Features