Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 142

Login

Videos

Wall Family Plot

More
12 Dec 2011 02:10 #1 by tammymurray1968
Possibly related to the Wall family from Brunswick, Georgia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Steven Matrix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Dec 2011 02:02 #2 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Wall Family Plot

crystalcross wrote: Steve, I took another look at the left side where the tree is. And what I found is that I think what you're seeing as a focus issue is actually JPEG encoding problems. Since its a gradual gradient, the JPEG compression is using the opportunity to save some bytes and applying a optimization.

I first saved it as a Tif, and it has the same problem. There isn't a focus issue because I took a few pics without the infrared filter on it. Here's a photo without the infrared filter on.

Hey Tammy, this photo was taken in Oaklawn Cemetery, Tampa, Florida.
Attachments:

More
12 Dec 2011 01:55 #3 by tammymurray1968
Where is this photo taken?

More
12 Dec 2011 01:51 #4 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Wall Family Plot
Steve, I took another look at the left side where the tree is. And what I found is that I think what you're seeing as a focus issue is actually JPEG encoding problems. Since its a gradual gradient, the JPEG compression is using the opportunity to save some bytes and applying a optimization.

More
12 Dec 2011 01:45 #5 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Wall Family Plot
I noticed that, I thought it was a depth of field issue. But if it was in focus, that's very strange.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Dec 2011 01:43 #6 by Steven Matrix
What I found odd in the photo; the tree in the foreground didn't seem as much in focus as I would have thought it should have been. I have the lens set right, but the tree itself seemed kind of distorted compared to everything else.

More
12 Dec 2011 01:40 #7 by crystalcross
I just find it so strange that all of the IR pictures seem to have faint nuances of people in them. Coincidence? Or perhaps something to the IR photography in cemeteries? They're so faint that they're barely detectable, but its there.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Dec 2011 01:12 #8 by Steven Matrix
Yes, it was infrared. It was also overcast I think; so it wasn't as good a photo as I had hoped. I'll probably delete it the next time I photograph it again.

More
11 Dec 2011 03:43 #9 by crystalcross
As I always do, I was scanning the image. I love the image as it is for its photographic value, but you know me always looking for the paranormal.

Well, I'm assuming this was taken as an Infrared photograph. And much of the light we're seeing are IR (heat) reflections. What I found in the background is somewhat strange.

Over by one of the grave markers in the background there is a darker shadow area that looks like a faint shadow of a person. See below:

Attachments:

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Dec 2011 02:08 #10 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Wall Family Plot
This is the Wall family plot. Dr. Wall played a part in the discovery of yellow fever. Dr. Wall had treated a cabin boy who had yellow fever and the doctor unknowingly brought the disease back to his wife and children who subsequently died.

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds

Features