Login

Videos

Mayflower Hill Cemetary

More
04 Dec 2011 22:44 #1 by crystalcross
You and me both. My kingdom for a flir.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2011 22:13 #2 by mistressmyra
I would LOVE a thermal imager. Some day when I'm rich . . .

More
04 Dec 2011 21:15 #3 by crystalcross

tyrstag wrote: We actually had two different thermos. Another person there had one of the color changing ones. It was showing almost the exact same thing, except the other therm showed a few degrees higher, but the same differential.

That's about as "Verified" as it gets. Very cool (no pun intended)!

Would have been neat to see a thermal image of it to see if the spots were in the shape of a human. Sounds like a good place for farther investigation. Perhaps when its not knuckle biting cold outside.

More
04 Dec 2011 20:57 #4 by mistressmyra
Yes, it's a very sad story.

More
04 Dec 2011 20:56 #5 by mistressmyra
It was a remote with laser pointer. I checked the seat in several spots and several different angles and distances. Because I thought it was strange that there was such a huge difference in temp, I kept checking it.

We actually had two different thermos. Another person there had one of the color changing ones. It was showing almost the exact same thing, except the other therm showed a few degrees higher, but the same differential.

More
04 Dec 2011 19:55 #6 by Tresses Of Nephthys
So much heartache in one little place. So sad.

More
04 Dec 2011 18:26 #7 by crystalcross
I would think my first question would be what were you taking the temperature readings with. If it was with a remote sensing thermometer, did it have a laser pointer on it? And were successive readings taken from the same exact spot.

The problem with the remote thermometers is that they measure thermal radiation from a given point. That being said they do not differentiate radiated energy from reflected energy. So angle can make a difference, and if there is a warm object perpendicular with the angle of the reading it could include a reflective component.

IF you were taking ambient temperature then that would not be the case. Although be it that it was outside it could simply be a cold pocket. Interesting though, could very well also be draining the energy in the air. I would think that on a cold day like that there would be far better things to drain energy from.

More
03 Dec 2011 15:35 - 03 Dec 2011 16:08 #8 by mistressmyra
This is the grave of Pearl French. A 4 year old who died of meningitis in the 1880's. There are reports of people seeing a girl sitting in the rocking chair. People leave gifts of toys for Pearl, we didn't disturb anything that was left.

We were there for about an hour. It was too cold to stay longer.

Does someone have a natural explanation why the marble rocking chair in these photos would keep changing temperature?

The ambient temperature was around 33 degrees. Everything else in the photos was constant around 33(+- a few degrees), the monuments, the pavement, the grass and the curbstone were all around 33.

I first checked the rocking chair and it was 33. About a minute later, I checked again and it was 19, it stayed 19 for about 5 minutes, then went back to 33.

We didn't catch anything else that we could say was paranormal.

Sorry about the fuzzy photos, I was shivering. :-)

-Edit- The scroll monument to the right is Pearls cousin Veva Lucille, who also died of meningitis 2 years later, at 4 yrs old.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Dec 2011 16:08 by mistressmyra. Reason: More info

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds

Features