Videos

Photo 95

• Steve
  • Steve's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Dec 2011 02:10 - 15 Dec 2011 02:11 #1 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Photo 95

crystalcross wrote: Just going through the albums and this one popped up again. Which reminded me just how much I like this image. It really is one of the most artistic that you've taken. Even though its a cemetery photograph, it is strangely uplifting.

Let's you and I and both of the girls head out there for a picnic. Lol. :) This is one of those examples of the lighting being just right the way it hits the landscape.

Thanks for the kind words CC. Glad to see you're feeling better. Did you get your new baby in yet?
Last edit: 15 Dec 2011 02:11 by Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2011 02:03 #2 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Photo 95
Just going through the albums and this one popped up again. Which reminded me just how much I like this image. It really is one of the most artistic that you've taken. Even though its a cemetery photograph, it is strangely uplifting.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jun 2011 00:19 #3 by Steve

Philwhi54 wrote: Steve, The faces in this picture seems to be in the trees in front, and to the right.

You are correct Phil. You're on the wrong thread however. The trail shot is on "Trail Encounter". Nice eye man.

More
06 Jun 2011 00:07 #4 by Philwhi54
Replied by Philwhi54 on topic Photo 95
Steve, The faces in this picture seems to be in the trees in front, and to the right.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2011 18:14 #5 by Steve

crystalcross wrote: When you go, take a EVP recorder.

As for the camera, the DiMage 5 I have is only 3 MP, but it was less than $20 at a thrift shop.
The DiMage 7 I'm looking at is 5 MP, but would be about $45. If I ever get the money I'll get a DSLR camera with 12-15MP. But that's down the road.

We recently purchased an Olympus digital voice recorder for doing EVP's and was going to take it today if I can remember it.

Regarding a camera, do remember that unless you convert a 12-15 MP camera to straight IR, nothing is made today that would accomodate IR filters. Today's camera's will not support those IR filters you just purchased. In case you're interested, here's a link from Ebay on the camera I use for IR photography:

Those shots I've posted have been from the D70 camera. Canon also had some cameras from the earlier 2000's that will support an IR filter as well; I'm not sure what they are however.

More
20 Mar 2011 17:56 #6 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Photo 95
When you go, take a EVP recorder. Or perhaps a cell phone with digital recording capabilities. Just in case. Can never hurt to give it a shot. Look forward to seeing more of your images.

As for the camera, the DiMage 5 I have is only 3 MP, but it was less than $20 at a thrift shop.
The DiMage 7 I'm looking at is 5 MP, but would be about $45. If I ever get the money I'll get a DSLR camera with 12-15MP. But that's down the road.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2011 17:34 #7 by Steve
How much resolution are you getting with your current DiMage? There's a photo website I go to [Tips for Taking Photos | Photography Tip | How To for Photographers] where the guy has stated he's gotten 40"X55" prints from a 6 MP image. The guy at Colonial Photo may be able to tell you if the camera is worth fixing. BTW, he also can convert cameras to IR [he used to when he owned the camera repair shop in Orlando anyway].

It looks like we'll be heading out today for Oaklawn Cemetery again. The people out there are just friends we haven't seen yet. LOL!

More
20 Mar 2011 02:53 #8 by crystalcross
At about $11 each, it can't be beat! Now I just gotta get the camera working again. If its not working by Monday I'll go buy a used DiMAge 7 with higher resolution.

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2011 01:19 #9 by Steve

crystalcross wrote: Well, I will tell you once I get my camera working again. The filters I have are made of precision ground German glass. I purchased 3 filters all 49mm IR filters. The first one is 720nm IR filter, you get very minimal visible light through since 720nm is just below the visible spectrum. The next filter is a 820nm filter which filters all visible light, but lets a good portion of the IR spectrum through. And finally I got a 950nm IR filter which is intended for the very low end of the IR spectrum, roughly in the range where heat radiation is found. It requires a very sensitive camera or a strong IR source.

Sounds like the B+W filters; very good quality filters. You will enjoy them. If they aren't B+W, German glass is still hard to beat.

More
20 Mar 2011 00:38 #10 by crystalcross
Well, I will tell you once I get my camera working again. The filters I have are made of precision ground German glass. I purchased 3 filters all 49mm IR filters. The first one is 720nm IR filter, you get very minimal visible light through since 720nm is just below the visible spectrum. The next filter is a 820nm filter which filters all visible light, but lets a good portion of the IR spectrum through. And finally I got a 950nm IR filter which is intended for the very low end of the IR spectrum, roughly in the range where heat radiation is found. It requires a very sensitive camera or a strong IR source.

Time to create page: 3.074 seconds

Features