Videos

Orbs discussion

More
02 Mar 2012 19:23 #1 by BHPI Josh
Replied by BHPI Josh on topic Re: Orbs discussion

crystalcross wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote:

BHPI Josh wrote:

norman glasser wrote: ...The Lakota they have a cemetery and if you can get invited a medicene man will go with you...

Thanks Norman, but we don't like to investigate cemeteries.

...Not sure how welcome we would be....

I would have to say that it sounds like a location I would love to go myself. For one the history of the location in terms of the paranormal would be so vast. I would not go without the blessing and accompaniment of a Lakota medicine man though. Mostly out of respect, but also because many native Americans place a great deal on their ancestors. They feel their spirits linger to protect for many ages. Imagine a culture disciplined in what your spirit will do after you pass. With a purpose and a goal, long past life.

Many wonder why there are so many incidence of native american hauntings and inhabitations in houses. Well, it does not take a great stretch of the mind to figure that one out.

But that being said, with the blessings of a medicine man or elder of the tribe I would feel totally comfortable. And the history and traditions that you could learn in such a situation, wow!

Part of the draw for me to the whole paranormal field (aside from the science of it all) is the historian aspect. The sense that you can connect with history in a very real and direct way. Its one thing to watch a movie on TV about the events which preceded us, its quite another to connect directly with someone who lived it, and yet a another to be able to communicate with those who were here.

In a way that is why I envy those who are strong natural born sensitives. Those who can actually see the events of the past and those who are crossed or earthbound. If I had that gift, I think I would become a historian.

We are incredibly respectful of any Native American situations/locations we come across here. There's such a huge population and a large chunk still maintain the culture. We don't go as far as try to investigate known Native American culturally important spots, unless specifically invited. If we run across anything Native American-relevant, or capture any EVP's that seem to be spoken in Native tongue(it has happened), we consult the Great-Grandson(by blood) of Sitting Bull. We have a great relationship with him and he's helped us out before in translation and will be contributing to the book that Mark Shadley and myself are writing.

History for us is paramount. We are quasi-history buffs and find so many parallels with the evidence we capture. Many times we spend more time in historical research than we do investigating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2012 19:18 #2 by BHPI Josh

Steven Matrix wrote:

BHPI Josh wrote:

norman glasser wrote: I take it that you live in S. Dakota If you can go to the Crow Creek Reservation. The Lakota they have a cemetery and if you can get invited a medicene man will go with you. If you fly they have a nice runway good luck.

C'mon Josh, cemeteries are full of friends you haven't met yet. I'll bet that's a good locale Norman; would love to go myself.

Not sure how welcome we would be. I'm embarassed of what the white Europeans did to the nation's indigenous people. There may still be bitterness among the spirits because of the suffering they went through at the hands of criminals.

BHPI doesn't investigate cemeteries for a few reasons. We view them as places of rest and do not wish to disturb. We also do not like to investigate outdoors due to so many uncontrollable variables.

More
01 Mar 2012 15:33 #3 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Orbs discussion

Steven Matrix wrote:

BHPI Josh wrote:

norman glasser wrote: ...The Lakota they have a cemetery and if you can get invited a medicene man will go with you...

...Not sure how welcome we would be....

I would have to say that it sounds like a location I would love to go myself. For one the history of the location in terms of the paranormal would be so vast. I would not go without the blessing and accompaniment of a Lakota medicine man though. Mostly out of respect, but also because many native Americans place a great deal on their ancestors. They feel their spirits linger to protect for many ages. Imagine a culture disciplined in what your spirit will do after you pass. With a purpose and a goal, long past life.

Many wonder why there are so many incidence of native american hauntings and inhabitations in houses. Well, it does not take a great stretch of the mind to figure that one out.

But that being said, with the blessings of a medicine man or elder of the tribe I would feel totally comfortable. And the history and traditions that you could learn in such a situation, wow!

Part of the draw for me to the whole paranormal field (aside from the science of it all) is the historian aspect. The sense that you can connect with history in a very real and direct way. Its one thing to watch a movie on TV about the events which preceded us, its quite another to connect directly with someone who lived it, and yet a another to be able to communicate with those who were here.

In a way that is why I envy those who are strong natural born sensitives. Those who can actually see the events of the past and those who are crossed or earthbound. If I had that gift, I think I would become a historian.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Mar 2012 04:14 #4 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Orbs discussion

BHPI Josh wrote:

norman glasser wrote: I take it that you live in S. Dakota If you can go to the Crow Creek Reservation. The Lakota they have a cemetery and if you can get invited a medicene man will go with you. If you fly they have a nice runway good luck.

C'mon Josh, cemeteries are full of friends you haven't met yet. I'll bet that's a good locale Norman; would love to go myself.

Not sure how welcome we would be. I'm embarassed of what the white Europeans did to the nation's indigenous people. There may still be bitterness among the spirits because of the suffering they went through at the hands of criminals.

• norman glasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Feb 2012 21:42 #5 by norman glasser
Replied by norman glasser on topic Re: Orbs discussion
point made

More
29 Feb 2012 21:25 #6 by BHPI Josh

More
29 Feb 2012 21:20 #7 by BHPI Josh
Well, sometimes that's what we experience is that our opinion is wrong because people don't think like us. It does happen. So again, sorry if anyone's offended by what I've had to say, but it is a discussion.

• norman glasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Feb 2012 21:18 #8 by norman glasser
Replied by norman glasser on topic Re: Orbs discussion
I take it that you live in S. Dakota If you can go to the Crow Creek Reservation. The Lakota they have a cemetery and if you can get invited a medicene man will go with you. If you fly they have a nice runway good luck.

More
29 Feb 2012 21:13 #9 by BillyJo
Replied by BillyJo on topic Re: Orbs discussion
Yep you went and did it BHPI... offended all those who don't think like you! Pfffft! Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Everyone has their own experiences. I can't for the life of me explain the orbs around my kid. I think it's something besides dust. I will never believe any of your theories. Those theories don't work for me...but am I offended because you believe otherwise...NAH...I'm sure you're still a great guy and your paranormal experiences are valid to you and your crew :)

I do appreciate your opinion...it's always welcome with me.

More
29 Feb 2012 20:54 #10 by Tresses Of Nephthys
No I don't think so, because the truth is that more and more people are coming up with "orb" pictures and many of them most likely are dust etc. Even the ones I saw with my own two eyes could have been something wonky with my vision or something like that. Who knows? And we could sit around analyzing, picking over and arguing about these things forever (and we probably will) or we can move onto something else that is more evidential and send the cause forward instead of spinning its wheels forever. I'm not trying to offend anyone either, trust me. My stance is that I think it's possible some of these orbs are something but most aren't. Maybe one day technology will improve and we won't get so many flash anomalies or whatever you want to call them and this hysteria will die down a bit.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds

Features