Login

Videos

What is this?

More
16 Dec 2012 16:52 #1 by DebPSPI
Replied by DebPSPI on topic Re: What is this?
It is a bug that is flapping its wings 6 times per frame of the video. I have seen this before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2012 14:52 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys

More
12 Dec 2012 02:30 #3 by iburyem
Replied by iburyem on topic What is this?
it looks like a bug to me

More
11 Dec 2012 03:56 #4 by Tresses Of Nephthys

crystalcross wrote: Now to speak on the subject of what you're seeing. This is actually a bug. This phenomena comes under discussion now and then on many different locations including UFO sites, Cryptozoological sites, and paranormal sites.

What you're seeing here is what happens when a digital camera's optics are not quite fast enough to conpensate for the speed of a bug's wings nd movement. So within one "Snap" of the video lens so to speak, the bug has traveled over a distance. That entire path becomes the appearance of the object. And since that entire time the wings are flapping it gives it that corkscrew type of appearance.

The angle of the wings relative to the light source and the camera makes it appear brighter and darker. And sometimes the light source itself can make it appear to almost skip. Since even your average table lamp is pulsating, but only at a frequency far faster than your eye can interpret.

You'll see these often in digital still photography. But every now and then they get caught on film. I've caught a few myself.

CC said it better than I could have haha

More
11 Dec 2012 03:55 #5 by Tresses Of Nephthys

crystalcross wrote: Tresses, are you till getting denied? Its working for me. Often with Youtube if you get a denied its because of the permissions on YouTube site.

Working now, THANK YOU

Ahh, yes, the flying fish or whatever you want to call it. It is a bug. I'm no camera expert but it has to do with the frames per second and basically the bug flying very quickly, which makes it look like many bugs connected together. On a regular camera, we could blame this on slow shutter speed.

More
09 Dec 2012 00:05 #6 by ghosthunters
Replied by ghosthunters on topic What is this?
bug

More
08 Dec 2012 00:00 #7 by normanglasser1
Replied by normanglasser1 on topic Re: What is this?
I agree , either a bug or a small bird.

More
07 Dec 2012 22:28 #8 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic What is this?
Now to speak on the subject of what you're seeing. This is actually a bug. This phenomena comes under discussion now and then on many different locations including UFO sites, Cryptozoological sites, and paranormal sites.

What you're seeing here is what happens when a digital camera's optics are not quite fast enough to conpensate for the speed of a bug's wings nd movement. So within one "Snap" of the video lens so to speak, the bug has traveled over a distance. That entire path becomes the appearance of the object. And since that entire time the wings are flapping it gives it that corkscrew type of appearance.

The angle of the wings relative to the light source and the camera makes it appear brighter and darker. And sometimes the light source itself can make it appear to almost skip. Since even your average table lamp is pulsating, but only at a frequency far faster than your eye can interpret.

You'll see these often in digital still photography. But every now and then they get caught on film. I've caught a few myself.

More
07 Dec 2012 22:21 #9 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic What is this?
Tresses, are you till getting denied? Its working for me. Often with Youtube if you get a denied its because of the permissions on YouTube site.

More
07 Dec 2012 02:40 #10 by Bando!
Replied by Bando! on topic What is this?
Bee doing a lot of research om this. It looks to be what is know as a "flying rod," or "sky fish." Kinda neat UFO's!

Time to create page: 0.938 seconds

Features